Purpose of Job
To provide a clean, comfortable, safe, and suitable environment for cGMP manufacturing of small molecule drug substance and research and development chemistry operations.
Responsible for managing physical plant services at Nanosyn’s cGMP and R&D facility in Hayward, CA. Responsibilities include oversight of building and utility maintenance, instrument calibration, security system, and hazardous waste management programs. The senior technician is expected to be self-directed and be ‘hands-on’ in performing basic routine facility maintenance. The position will work closely with all other functions and groups in support of GMP production and R&D project timelines and goals.
Facilities and Equipment
- Performs basic routine maintenance of AHU systems and other systems as required
- Develops and manages facilities maintenance/calibration schedules and spare parts inventory for cGMP and non-GMP equipment
- Develops and writes new SOPs for building and facility equipment operation, maintenance and calibration
- Supervises cleaning contractors and/or performs facility cleaning for cGMP and R&D rooms in accordance with written procedures
- Completes routine inspection of safety equipment
- Serves as member of the Safety Committee
- Manages the facility security system
- Assists the Quality Unit with environmental monitoring of cGMP areas.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of GMP and non-GMP pharmaceutical facilities and utilities- including AHU controllers, and Building Automated Management control systems
- Knowledge and ability to perform minor mechanical maintenance tasks
- Knowledgeable about cGMP compliance requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities
- Strong computer skills including building automated management systems, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and learning ability
- Self-motivated and organized
- Able to consistently follow established procedures and guidelines
- Working knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards
- Able to carry out additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- May work part-time at Nanosyn’s Santa Clara facility
- Experience with Trane AHU and Siemens Apogee BMS systems preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to move/lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
- Ability to repeatedly stoop, kneel, reach, stand, and walk throughout a 8-10 hour shift
- Ability to wear PPE as required
- Nanosyn is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- All employment is contingent on successful completion and clearance of DMV and background screening
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- The position is located in Hayward, CA
About the Company: Nanosyn is a well-established and growing medicinal chemistry and biological services contract research organization located in the SF Bay Area. We provide made-to-order focused compound libraries, hit-to-lead optimization, medicinal chemistry and discovery biology services and other innovative solutions to meet the drug discovery needs of our clients.
At Nanosyn we offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package.