Purpose of Job
The Purchasing & Inventory Associate purchases and manages inventories of chemicals, lab consumables and other lab essentials for the Chemistry and Biology departments.
- Purchase chemicals, lab consumables, instrumentation parts, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of chemicals and lab consumables in the stockroom.
- Label chemicals and enter them into a database.
- Manage chemical stock through inventory search.
- Locate chemicals and lab supplies in stockroom and distribute to chemists.
- Manage paperwork including packing slips, invoices, credit card statements, etc.
- Associate degree required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge of chemical safety rules and regulations required.
- Familiarity with chemical names and terminology preferred.
- Able to multitask
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team